Monday, January 5, 2015

1.5.15

Well it's the thought that counts, right?

This is definitely my phrase of the day in the kitchen today...

I made collard green filo triangles tonight, or at least, I tried to. Now, I would love to blame the recipe  and say it wasn't very good, but my lack of success is entirely human error. I did a great job collecting all of my ingredients - I even shopped at Whole Foods! However, no amount of great produce can fix not reading the directions.

My kitchen crime tonight? I didn't thaw my frozen filo dough ahead of time, and proceeded to try and unroll it anyway.

What happens when you don't thaw frozen filo dough?

This:

Don't worry, I tried to make my filo triangles anyway! My filling consisted of chopped collard greens, olive oil, shallots, and garlic.



The filling was pretty good, although if I made it again I would add some sort of citrus. (And thaw my dough first...)

Final result:


The only conclusion I care to share tonight is that my sliced pear was delicious :)


-J

No comments:

Post a Comment