Sunday, January 18, 2015

1-18-15

Sorry for the break in posts, quite the busy week! I even had a great post about mushroom tempeh tacos, but I broke my iPhone and had to get a replacement. Apparently, a few of my phones didn't quite make it into the cloud and onto the new phone. In any case, I wanted to share a warm brussels sprout salad I threw together last night!

I have to admit, I cheated a little bit on this salad....it isn't completely vegan. I added feta cheese because I happen to have it on hand, and I thought it would be good together...which it was. It'd be easy to leave the feta out, and it would leave this salad completely plant-based.




Warm Brussels Sprout Salad

1lb brussels sprouts, finely chopped
1 tbsp garlic, minced
2 tbsp EVOO
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup feta cheese (optional)
Salt and pepper, to taste

Heat olive oil in a skillet, add garlic. Once garlic has slightly browned, add the brussels sprouts and rosemary and sauté 3 or 4 minutes or until slightly wilted. Add maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper and sauté for 4 or 5 more minutes. Remove from heat, add cranberries and feta. Serve and enjoy!

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment