Thursday, January 8, 2015

1-8-15

The windchill right now is -20 degrees, so I thought I would warm myself up by posting about my upcoming adventure to a warmer (ish) climate!

I've been working full-time for about a year now, which has allowed me the financial luxury (ish) of planning my very first big (also ish) vacation. I have booked a 6 day solo trip to Santa Fe, NM in March! I spent 4 days in Abiquiu a couple of years ago on a Baylor trip, and we spent one afternoon in Santa Fe. Let it be known that half a day in Santa Fe is by no means an adequate amount of time for this cultural and scenic gold mind.

Here are some of the things I've got in the works:

 - Horseback Riding
 - Spa day at a natural hot springs spa
 - Driving the Enchanted Circle Scenic Byway, which includes Taos, Angel Fire, Red River, and Eagle Nest.
 - Shopping (of course...)
 - Sandia Peak Tramway and Hiking


I hope this is the first trip of many in the coming years, and I'm currently doing my research on when/where to do my first international solo trip (suggestions and tips are always welcome!). I'll share more about my packing, preparation, and experiences as a solo traveler soon!

Abiquiu, NM - Spring 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment