Sunday, January 11, 2015

1-11-15

Winter is in full force these days and as much as I love living in the north, occasionally the bone-chilling temperatures get to me. How do I cope? I turn my oven on (which warms my apartment) and roast some veggies for a chowder!

I recently made a Roasted Butternut Square and Apple Chowder from Vegetarian Times. This was definitely among the sweeter chowders I've made, but tasty none-the-less.


Roasting leeks, butternut squash, and apples in maple syrup, salt, and pepper

                                    
Bite sized colorful potatoes!

I love the color and texture of purple potatoes.


I added some walnuts cooked with a little olive oil to add a little crunch - definitely a good decision!


My vacation is still a little less than 8 weeks out, but I'm so excited that I can't resist looking for a few things I'll need. Today involved a trip to REI (my first time to the Boston store) and I came across a great light-weight jacket that will be great in my goal of packing extra light. 



#landofenchantment2015

No comments:

Post a Comment