Tuesday, August 20, 2013

8.20.13

So I've been a little m.i.a. this summer for  a couple reasons: either I had a million things happening at once or I had absolutely nothing going on. It's been a little rough going from zero to sixty and back constantly, but I have no real complaints. Fortunately, I am almost to a new chapter in life because next Thursday, I will load up a U-Haul trailer with my dad and set off on the three day trek to Boston, Massachusetts where I will begin my life as a masters student at Boston Conservatory. In preparing for this move, I wanted to make sure that despite the limited space in my tiny new apartment that it could and would still feel like home. Or as I like to call it, my own little oasis. Since I didn't own any of the furniture in my previous apartment, I have spent a lot of time finding pieces and giving them makeovers to fit my vision. Here are a few of the things I've been doing this summer: 
 
This is my new headboard. It is a 36x48 canvas with some fabric and burlap ribbon attached by staple gun. I'll hang it on the wall behind my bed.


You may recognize this dresser from an earlier post, but it's finally gotten its well deserved makeover. Some paint from vintage vibe in Mansfield and new knobs from hobby lobby make it super shabby chic. Here is an up close of the knobs:


I just love this color, so I also painted a small side table to go next to my bed!


Love,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment