Friday, July 19, 2013

7.20.13

So it's been a while since I posted anything on here because I have spent the last four weeks in Sewanee, TN at the Sewanee Summer Music Festival. It's been an incredible experience being a part of the festival and I have had the privilege of working with so many great musicians and conductors.


Easily the most exciting thing was being selected as one of the concerto competition winners. There were about 70 people who auditioned for the competition and I was selected as one of the top 5. It was a surreal experience playing the Dvorak with an orchestra, and I learned so much from this experience.




In my time here, I also had the opportunity to sit principal under Maestro Carl St. Clair of the Pacific Symphony. He is probably the most inspiring conductor I've ever worked with in my life, and he is also  incredibly innovative and creative in his approach to running an orchestra.





1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! I love hearing about everyone's summer music experiences :) I got to play under St. Clair at TMF in 2011 and I still remember it well.

    P.S. you looked STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete