Saturday, June 1, 2013

6.1.13

Hey bloggers!

I spent the day with my mom exploring and shopping, and found some awesome things!

We started out at a place called Homestead Heritage where we got to walk around through the gardens and ate a delicious lunch :)



We both got the same thing, which is a veggie focaccia sandwich. Seriously, if you are ever out there, the bread is amazing...


Here are a few photos from walking around, it was really pretty :)


After Homestead, we went shopping at a few local antique style stores.
My first find was a ring that I absolutely adore.
Super cool right? Best part is that it was only $8.

The second, and more exciting thing I came across was a dresser that I am going to put in my apartment (more like efficiency) in Boston this fall!

Someone has painted over the original wood to make it white, so I figured why not paint it again? I want to make it a teal/turquoise color with some white or clear knobs (Hobby Lobby here I come!). Why turquoise? The whole theme of my room/future apartment revolves around the pictures, fabrics, and souvenirs that I have picked up in my travels, especially from Africa. I am also going to make a headboard for my bed using a canvas panel and stapling some fabric from both Kenya and Ghana. The turquoise will really help bring all the different colors from the headboard and pillows on my bed and pictures from Kenya together.
Cost of this gem? $150. Not too bad for an actual wood dresser :)


I want it to look somewhat similar to this, but obviously without the extra detailing on the front of the drawers.



Onto clothing! My mom and I went to Kohls and a few other places and found some stuff.

First, this fun tank top!


And at Marshalls, I found a striped shirt that I really liked. I'm a huge fan of the 3/4 sleeve shirts and like I said yesterday, stripes are in right now ;)


(By the way, this cute shirt was only $13 - Marshall's y'all)



Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment